Private Training Expectations
Contractors agree to do the following when delivering the Dog Adventures Northwest Private Training service:
- Follow all General Contractor Expectations.
- Follow the customized training plan, established after the Intake Consultation. (Note that a plan can change at a trainer’s recommendation; send an email to email@example.com if the number of sessions in the customized training plan changes.)
- Use positive reinforcement and negative punishment operant conditioning. Absolutely refrain from positive punishment and negative reinforcement operant conditioning, either through training or management tools.
- If the client is present for the session, give a ten minute warning for the end of the session, and offer the client the opportunity to extend the time for an additional fee if both the Contractor and the Client are available. (This is to dissuade Contractors training for 90 minutes but getting paid for a 60 minute session.)
- If the next session of the customized training plan has not yet been scheduled, attempt to set the time and details for this session at the current session’s conclusion.
- Stop service through the Time to Pet app upon departure and fill out a brief spell-checked and grammar-checked report card through Time to Pet.
- Post a full write-up of the session on the "Conversation" feed of the client's Time to Pet page within 24 hours of the training session. The write-up should include in-depth descriptions of how to practice all skills learned in the session, goals for the client's independent practice, and notification of or suggestions for the next training session.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with new schedule information. Emails to email@example.com should list the dog’s first and last name in the subject line of the email and the scheduling request/details in the body of the email.